Want to read up on dragons and knights, but can’t get to the library to check out our featured titles? No problem! You can find them listed below.
- The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley. Call # PZ7 .M47868.He 1984
- The Library dragon by Carmen Agra Deedy; illustrated by Michael P. White. Call # JUV PZ7 .D3587 Li 1994
- Sea Dragons: Predators of the prehistoric oceans by Richard Ellis. Call # QE861.E45 2003
- Dragon’s Gate by Laurence Yep. Call # JUV PZ7 .Y44 1993
- Dragon’s Teeth by Upton Sinclair. Call # PS3537 .I85 D72x 1943
- King Arthur and his knights: a selection from what has been known as Le Morte Darthur, made and edited by R. T. Davies by Sir Thomas Malory. Call # PR2042 .D3 1967
- The story of King Arthur and his knights by Howard Pyle. Call # PZ8.1 .A788.P5 1933
- When Knights were bold by Eva March Tappan. Call # D127 .T2 1911
- Bulfinch’s mythology: the age of fable, the age of chivalry, Legends of Charlemagne/ includes Knights of English history by Edward Everett Hale from 1884 revision and foreward by Palmer Bovie by Thomas Bulfinch
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: a new verse translation translated by Simon Armitage. Call # PR2065.G3 A328 2007
- The Oxford companion to fairy tales edited by Jack Zipes. Call # REF PN3437 .094 2000
- The Annotated classic fairy tales edited with an introduction and notes by Maria Tartar; translation by Maria Tartar. Call # PN6071 .F15 A66 2002
- Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey. Call # PS3563.A255 D76 1988
- Moreta, dragonlady of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. Call # PS3563.A255 M6 1983b
- The Renegades of Pern by Anne McCaffrey. Call # PS3563.A126 R4 1989b
- Gumbel, the fire-breathing dragon. Story and pictures by Seymour Fleishman. Call # PZ7 .F59924.Gu 3 1970
- Beowulf: a new verse translation translated by Seamus Heaney. Call # PR1583 .H43 2000
- A Guide to Middle-Earth by Robet Foster. Call # REF PR6039 032 Z49 1971
- The Hobbit; or, there and back again by J. R. R. Tolkien. Call # PZ8 .T52.Ho 10 1966
- Master of Middle-Earth; the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien by Paul Harold Kocher. Call # PR6039.032 .Z67 1972
- Favorite Medieval tales retold by Mary Pope Osborne, illustrated by Troy Howell. Call # JUV PZ8.1 .O813 Fa 1998
- Saint George and the dragon: a golden legend adapted by Margaret Hodges from Edmund Spenser’s Faerie Queene; illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman. Call # JUV PZ8.1 H69 Sai 1984
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling. Call # PZ7 .R79835 Har 1998
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling. Call # PZ7 .R79835 Har 2000
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling. Call # PZ7 .R79835 Har 1999
Have you read any of these books? Let us know!
We’d like to know what you think. We are always open to book review submissions to feature in the library blog. Feel free to send them to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions are subject to review by library webmaster.