The Library’s collections, except for the Reserve and Periodical Collections, are organized according to the Library of Congress classification scheme. All Library holdings are accessible via the on-line public access catalog (OPAC).
Here is a printable version of the LC Classification in Microsoft Word: LCC Guide
The Library Collections
1. The Reference Collection is located in the Information Commons. Although the latest editions of print reference works do not circulate, older editions of some works can be found in the circulating collection and can be checked out. The Reference Collection contains basic print tools for research: dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, and specialized subject materials. If you are visiting us electronically, we recommend that you check out that section of the Library: Journals & Databases and Subject Guides.
2. The Circulating Collection contains nearly 45,000 titles selected to meet the curricular and recreational needs of the Tusculum College community (students, faculty, and staff). An equal number of electronic books are also available. Over 2000 volumes are housed at the Knoxville Center.
3. The Warren W. Hobbie Civic Arts Collection contains classic and recent works in a variety of disciplines, chosen to support and enhance Tusculum College’s Civic Arts curriculum.
4. The Video Collection contains a large number of DVD format titles. Any member of the Tusculum College community (students, faculty & staff) may circulate these discs overnight; please apply at the Circulation Desk. Videos are also housed at the Knoxville Center.
5. The Reserve Collection is located behind the Circulation Desk. Books, readings, and other materials are placed on reserve by faculty for class reading assignments.
6.The Periodical & Serials Collection currently includes over 200 magazines, journals, and newspapers in paper and/or micro format. In addition, approximately 32,000 more full-text journals are available for use via Infotrac, Ebscohost, Proquest, and Lexis Nexis (see below under computerized databases). To determine titles held, please consult the Current Periodicals List at the Circulation Desk or check the Search by Journal Title link.
A list of recent Tusculum College GPS Master’s Research papers available for browsing at the TC Greeneville or off campus sites.